Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving wrap-up

Yes, the news was the best we could have asked for last week. Thank you for all your comments. I wish we could have gone out to celebrate and had a few beers, but unfortunately the life of a cancer survivor during treatment isn’t that glorious. I’m happy to report that on Thursday I was able to put down some holiday food! There is so much to be thankful for, but just having a little turkey, corn pudding, and sweet potatoes on Thursday was all I wanted and I did. The simple pleasures!

Sunday night, my friends in Baltimore had a “Friendsgiving.” It was good to see everyone and hopefully that’s a tradition that will continue! Besides for Meg and my family, my friends have been so supportive throughout this journey. They had a bar fundraiser for the foundation last Tuesday, the day I had chemo so unfortunately I was unable to attend, but it looks like the raised over $1,000. That’s awesome – thanks guys!

My sore throat, mucositis, and mouth sores started kicking in Sunday night. It’s not nearly as bad as the first 2 cycles, but it’s still annoying and something I wish I didn’t have to deal with. The mouth rinse I have seems to be helping, but let’s hope it doesn’t last long. Thanks for your comments last week! I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Craig Johnson said...

Waegs-

It was great seeing you on Sunday for "Friendsgiving". That's definitely a tradition work keeping. And thanks to Meg for those awesome brownies.

WWW!

Anonymous said...

Linda and I were so glad to hear of your good news from the scans. Great idea for the Friendsgiving night! That is something we all should think about doing with our friends and loved ones each year. Keep up the good work and I look forward to meeting you and Meg sometime as well. Go Colts!

Jim ( LH's better half)